Social Services and Childcare

Our Child Care Department have experience to help with these and many other situations

  • Problems with social services
  • Care proceedings
  • Child protection registration
  • Contact with children in care
  • Allegations of child abuse
  • Adoption and post-adoption contact
  • Special Guardianship
  • Children who want to have their voice heard in proceedings between their parents
  • Wardship
  • Click Here for – Who children should live with and have contact with if their parents separate

You may be entitled to Legal Aid for Family cases. Find out more on our Legal Aid page or call us on 01472 358686 and speak to one of our friendly staff. If social services have taken your children into care, FREE Legal Aid is available to all parents regardless of their financial circumstances.

John Barkers have a specialist child care team headed by Howard Field who has been a partner in the firm since the early 90s. Howard is a trained family mediator and has been a member of the Children Panel for over 15 years. He specialises in representing adults and young people in care proceedings.

We understand that it can sometimes be very difficult to work with people who want to tell you how to look after your children or, in the case of a young person, where you should live or who you should spend time with.

We aim to:

  • Listen carefully
  • Not to Judge
  • Advise you wisely
  • Represent you effectively in court
  • Be honest about your options and chance of achieving what you are hoping for
  • Help you overcome problems working with social workers and other professionals

We hold a Legal Aid Agency Contract. We offer the same quality of service to both Publicly Funded and Private clients alike.

Got a question? Call us today 01472 358686

Talk to an expert