Please note our fees exclude VAT.
|Application for a new premises licence||£1,600 plus VAT to £1,800 plus VAT, plus disbursements|
|Application for a minor variation of an existing licence||£1,200 plus VAT to £1,500 plus VAT, plus disbursements|
Disbursements are payments to third parties, they can include:
- Premise Licence application fee: £100 plus VAT to £1,905 plus VAT (based on the rateable value of the premises)
- Personal License application fee: £37 plus VAT
- Application for minor variation: £89 plus VAT
- Application to transfer premises licence: £23 plus VAT
- Application to vary Designated Premises Supervisor: £23 plus VAT
- Plan fees
- Advertisement in local press
- Firearms certificate fee: £62 plus VAT to £200 plus VAT.
If you require services that do not fit within above fixed fees we can put a package together for you so you are in full control of your costs.
Key stages when applying for a license
- You could be required to complete a training course before the application can be made
- A criminal record check may be required
- Send off application
- Licensing authority may add a delay as they check your information and collect any objections
- In some cases you must advertise your application to allow for objections to be submitted
- Application success or rejection
We will advise you on the exact stages of your particular application, the above is just a general example of common stages.
How long does a licensing application usually take?
The amount of time can depend on,
- The type of license you are applying for
- How quickly you can provide any required information
- The speed at which the licensing authority responds and processes your application
- Objections, if any are raised
Applications for new alcohol licenses typically take between 2 and 5 months. Applications for betting/gaming licenses are usually completed within 4-5 months.